Sunday 31 August 2008

Installing Sharepoint Services 3.0 on Windows Vista OS

Just few days back I started exploring Sharepoint Technologies, and started thinking where to start. The biggest setback for me was I cannot run Sharepoint Services on my windows Vista System because Sharepoint Services can only be installed on Windows Server Family of Operating System. But now I cannot go back and repartition my System and install Sharepoint, I also tried using Windows Virtual Machine, but Windows Server 2003 was not working properly on my Windows Virtual Machine.

So now I am left with only two option either repartition the whole harddisk and install dual boot OS or Find some way to run windows sharepoint services on my windows vista. So I started googling and finally I found a jackpot where I can install sharepoint on Windows Vista. First I thought its one more bluff, but thought to give a try, and it worked, and now I am using Windows Sharepoint Services on my Windows Vista Ultimate OS.

Just follow the link below which will guide you step by step process how to do that.

http://community.bamboosolutions.com/blogs/bambooteamblog/archive/2008/05/21/how-to-install-windows-sharepoint-services-3-0-sp1-on-vista-x64-x86.aspx

To download the setup helper file you can either download from the above link or you can download from here directly.

Cheers

~Brij
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment